Dancing around the world
Terms and Conditions of the Royal Academy of Dance
- The Academy refers to the Royal Academy of Dance and its branches, subsidiary companies and registered offices.
- Member means a member of the Royal Academy of Dance.
- RAD means Royal Academy of Dance and its branches, subsidiary companies and registered offices, also referred to as we or us or Group in these terms and conditions.
- Programme means the university-validated and professional awards offered by the Royal Academy of Dance.
- Examination means the Graded and Vocational Graded examinations offered by the Royal Academy of Dance.
- Subscription means the category of membership to which a potential or current member is applying for or renewing.
- Catalogue means the catalogue of products and services offered by the Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd. a subsidiary of the Royal Academy of Dance.
- Force Majeure
- Force Majeure means any cause affecting the performance by RAD of its obligations arising from acts, events, omissions, happenings or non-happenings beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) governmental regulations, fire, flood or any disaster or industrial dispute affecting a third party.
- Normal Working Hours means 9 am to 5 pm GMT time on a Working Day.
- Working days
- Working days means Monday to Friday, excluding Bank or other Public holidays.
- Closing date
- Closing date means the date at which the Academy will accept no more applications.
Please note that special terms apply to different classes of members which prevail over the other provisions of these terms and conditions.
Each programme, course, examination has a closing date by which a fee or application must be received.
Terms and conditions
Access to, and use of, this site is provided by the RAD subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- All rights including copyright and database right, in the RAD’s website and its contents, are owned or licensed to the RAD, or otherwise used by the RAD as permitted by applicable law.
- In accessing the RAD’s web pages you agree that you will access the contents solely for your own private use or educational use but not for any commercial use. Except as permitted above, you undertake not to copy, store in any medium (including any other website) distribute, transmit, retransmit, broadcast, modify, or show in public any part if the RAD’s website without the prior written permission of the RAD or in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act 1988.
- The ROYAL ACADEMY OF DANCE used and displayed in this Site is a registered Trade Mark of the Royal Academy of Dance. The use or misuse of the Trade Mark or any other content on this Site, without written permission from the Royal Academy of Dance and Royal Academy of Dance Enterprises Ltd is strictly prohibited
- If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, permission is not granted for use of this site.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions affects your statutory rights as a Consumer.
- If any provision in this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, it shall be deemed severed from the Agreement and this shall not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- Any waiver of a breach of this Agreement must be in writing.
- Any variation of this Agreement must be in writing and signed by a duly authorised RAD official.
- The headings are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement.
- Any notices given under this Agreement shall be in writing and sent
- by first class pre-paid post to the last known address of the party; or
- by fax to their last known fax number; or
- by e-mail to the last notified e-mail address of the party.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England & Wales and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- RAD may at its discretion record telephone transactions for staff training and quality control purposes.
Links to Third Party Sites
The linked sites are not under the control of the Royal Academy of Dance websites and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The Royal Academy of Dance is not responsible for web casting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. The Royal Academy of Dance is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Royal Academy of Dance of the site.
Royal Academy of Dance
36 Battersea Square London SW11 3RA. United Kingdom.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7326 8002
Fax: +44 (0)20 7924 3129